- Programs & Services
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Kendallville Triathlon
Togetherhood invites Y members to activate their social responsibility by participating in the Y's cause to strengthen community. Togetherhood provides Y members with fun, convenient and rewarding ways to give back and support their neighbors.
Togetherhood is the YMCA's Signature Program for Social Responsibility. This program invites Y members to lead and participate in volunteer service projects that benefit the community where they live.
The program is run through individual Y branches as a partnership between a committee of members and a Y Staff Advisor. It is designed to be a simple, fun and rewarding way for members to identify ways that they can give back and support their neighbors through their own ideas, skills and energy, and the network of the Y.
sample COLE YMCA projects include:
- Yard work and maintenance, landscaping, mowing
- Painting and general upkeep of outside of home
- Helping someone move
- Giving a ride to a doctor's appointment
- Taking flowers to others that need their spirits lifted
For More information contact Lisa Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Schedule of Togetherhood events:
- The month of April we are collecting items for the Noble County Humane Shelter
- A complete list of items will be available April 1st.
- April 22nd Park and Gazebo Clean Up at Bixlar Lake
- Meet at the Gazebo at 2pm. Bring gloves and any gardening supplies you have. We will work to clean up the Gazebo as well as pick up any trash around the park. All ages are welcome.
- April 27th YMCA Playground Build
- Meet at the north side of the Y at 8am. This is the day the Leaders In Training will work to put the playground together that they raised the money for.
- June 21st United Way Day of Caring
- Join the Y Togehterhood team as we work on a project for someone in our community alongside the Untied Way. Specific times to come later.
- The month of August we are collection items for Noble House
- A full list of items will be available August 1st.
- The month of November we are collecting items for the Friendship Food Pantry